Music Mastery 2016 Course
The Music Mastery 2016 course is designed for Producers, Engineers & Recording Artists looking to take their skill and development to a new level.
Only 15 delegates will be selected for the course as our aim is to develop people & not just have numbers.
Applicants are required to send in the following information:
- Short Bio of their Music Career
- An mp3 of one of their work pieces
- A short description of what they look to get out of this course
The above information needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For International Course applicants, we have organised special accommodation rates at the Cape Heritage Hotel as well as transport to and from the Studios every day during the course.
Songwriting/Production & Studio Engineering
- Songwriting & Track-Arrangement
- Producing a track
- Demo production vs Final / Pro production
- Importance of a ‘pro production/a produced sound‘
- How to achieve a competitive ‚Pro production standard‘?
- Working in the box vs working analog or hybrid (digital/analog)
- Understanding EQ
- Understanding Compression
- Microphone techniques
- Live-tracking vs MIDI
- Mixing WorkFlow
- Auxiliary Channels
- Modern Vocal Comping & Editing
- Modern Vocal Mixing
- Self-Mastering vs external Mastering
- What does is mean to be a recording artist?
- Presenting and marketing yourself as a professional artist
- Psychology of getting your music and yourself out there
- What can and should a pro producer do for you?
- Branding and Artist Development
- What are record labels looking for?
- What are record labels wiling to provide/do for an upcoming artist today?
- Protecting your interest as an artist
- Collaborating with and trusting a pro producer and/or record label
- Self-publishing vs record company deal
- Copyrights and Publishing rights
- Staying domestic vs going international
- Is an external artist management needed?
- Collaboration with other artists
There will also be a SKYPE WORKSHOP with Ex-CEO of Universal Music Germany, Wolf-D Gramatke during the course. Delegates will get to ask questions during that workshop.
About the Tutors:
Florian Castellano is an international Engineer, Producer & Artist Developer based in Spain. Read More Info Florian Castellano 2015 (eng)-2
Tim Feder is a Cape Town based Engineer/Producer. He the owner of Sounds of the Nations Cape Town. He has worked with many local and international artists including work done with Florian Castellano. Tim met Florian at the Mix With The Masters in South of France, May 2014.
Cost: R8950 (A deposit of R3500 to be paid on registration) Speak to us about a payment plan